End of Year Details
Elections, Scholarship, and Banquet
The banquet is on THURSDAY, MAY 9th @ 6pm.
JUNIORS - information coming soon about planning
ALL TEAM MEMBERS SHOULD READ ALL DETAILS POSTED HERE!
Click the LINK for each section to read more
- EXECUTIVE BOARD REQUIREMENTS (Those running and those voting should seek to understand them before accepting or voting for the job.)
- Applications (signatures and videos) are DUE to Borgsmiller by Monday, April 22nd at 2:30 pm. After the deadline, check back here to view the videos prior to voting and/or the candidate forum.
- The candidate forum will be WEDNESDAY, April 24th for up to an hour after school. Graduating seniors will lead it. Please submit your questions to them. All interested parties should attend to hear more about candidate ideas and plans.
- VOTING PROCEDURES Read these closely. Highlights include:
- Voting lasts for an entire week (April 29th-May 4th)
- Your vote counts for as many competitive degrees as you have
- We are also selecting team awards for top competitors and teammates. Read the details closely to plan in advance who you will vote for. Each vote here only counts ONCE.
Executive Board Candidates
Videos will be posted here soon...
Please review these videos. We will NOT have a candidate forum, but please feel free to talk to each candidate and ask any questions you might have for them about their leadership. Consider reviewing the REQUIREMENTS listed below.
CAPTAIN APPLICATIONS will be available after the banquet.
Read about the REQUIREMENTS here to decide if you want to apply.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, MAY 17th @ 2:30pm
Decisions will be made before the end of the school year.
In selecting a recipient of the Matthew Viglione Memorial Scholarship, we are looking for a student who embodies the qualities of the young man for whom the award is named. Matthew was described by a university professor as a “remarkable young man” who embraced the challenge of hard work and did not allow himself to be dissuaded from by the possibility of a lower grade. Matthew loved to think and he loved to learn. The recipient of this award should be a student who has demonstrated a true passion for learning and thirst for knowledge, excellence in logical and argumentative writing and speaking, and a superior degree of achievement in a co-curricular academic area.
To apply, complete THIS APPLICATION and return it to Borgsmiller by Monday, April 22nd at 2:30 pm.
COMMENCEMENT SPEAKER AUDITIONS
ANY interested Senior can apply!
Fill out THIS APPLICATION (found here or in the Senior office) and return it to Mrs. Niswonger by Friday, March 15th at 2:45 pm.
NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED LATE.
There are two rounds of auditions:
1. ANY applicant will speak for a faculty panel on Thursday, March 25th during 6th (and potentially part of 7th) hour.
2. The TOP 4 selected by this panel will speak for their class on Tuesday, April 2nd to select who gives which speech.
For more information about HOW to prepare you can read about OUR PROCESS and general SPEECH TOOLS. If you do apply, you will also receive THIS reminder letter about last minute preparations and suggestions.
If you have questions, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or swing by room 1511 to talk to Mrs. Borgsmiller.